2020 PASA Election
PASA is seeking nominations and candidates for:
- PASA President-Elect
- PASA Treasurer
- Pennsylvania representatives (two) to the AASA Governing Board
PASA Officers: President-Elect and Treasurer
Candidates for PASA President-Elect must make a three-year commitment to the association by serving one year each as President-Elect, President and Past-President. The individual elected will serve as President-Elect and chair of the Resolutions Committee beginning October 1, 2020, as President beginning October 1, 2021, and as Past-President and chair of the Membership Committee beginning October 1, 2022.
Candidates for PASA Treasurer serve a one-year term. The Treasurer works with the Executive Director and Administrative/Financial Officer to oversee association finances and make reports to the Board of Governors. The elected Treasurer's term begins on October 1, 2020.
Eligible candidates must have been an active member of the Association for at least three years prior to October 1, 2019.
Interested candidates must submit the following to the Association office no later than March 13:
- a nominating petition that includes signatures of at least a majority of the current PASA members* from the candidate's I.U.
- a nominating petition (or petitions) that includes signatures of at least 20 current PASA members* from at least two other I.U.s
(* current PASA members as Commissioned Officer, Small District Leader or District Cabinet/Central Office)
CLICK HERE for a copy of the nominating petition for the candidate's I.U.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the at-large nominating petition (for other I.U.s)
This election will be held in early spring (date TBA).
Pennsylvania Representatives to the AASA Governing Board (two positions)
Term: three years, effective July 2020 through June 2023
PASA is seeking to fill two (2) positions on the AASA Governing Board. Responsibilities of the Board include:
- acting on resolutions submitted by the AASA Executive Committee or other resolutions approved for consideration with a 2/3 vote
- recommending policy to the Executive Committee
- serving as the liaison between state affiliates and AASA
- determining, on an annual basis, the Association dues for Active and Associate members
- recommending programs and activities for inclusion in the AASA budget
- reviewing the annual AASA budget
- affirming AASA's legislative agenda
Eligible candidates must have been eligible voting members of both AASA and PASA for at least three years. Candidates must be committed to attending two AASA meetings per year (July and February). Travel expenses are provided for the July meeting. Governing Board members are responsible for their own expenses to the February meeting, which coincides with the AASA National School Leadership Conference.
To apply, submit electronically either separately or as one letter:
- a short biographical statement (including involvement with AASA and PASA)
- goals for AASA
- reason(s) for seeking the position
- digital photo
Application information (listed above) is due to PASA no later than March 13. This election will be held in early spring (date TBA).
All questions on eligiblity and the nomination/application process for these positions, all nomination petitions and all candidate materials should be directed to:
Jolene Zelinski, PASA, 2608 Market Place, Harrisburg, PA 17110
Phone: (717) 540-4448 FAX: (717) 540-4405 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org