Start Date: 10/4/2022 8:30 AM EDT
End Date: 10/4/2022 3:30 PM EDT
Part I: Understanding the Basic Education Formula (BEF): Full-day workshop
When and Where:
- Understanding the mechanics of the BEF formula, including all student and district weights, articulating the “share” concept behind the BEF formula, and appreciating the cumulative impact of the formula and what happens when more or less state funding is added.
- Identifying, understanding, and explaining the trends behind each school district’s weighted student count and what it means for future BEF subsidy and state revenue.
- Learning how to explain the BEF formula and its impact on your school district to your board and community; communicating your formula metrics and future formula metrics in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Central PATTAN 6340 Flank Drive, Harrisburg, PA Tuesday, October 4
- East PATTAN 333 Technology Drive, Malvern, PA Wednesday, October 5
- West PATTAN 3190 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA Tuesday, October 11