Assistant Business Administrator - Bucks County IU #22
Assist the Business Administrator/CFO with the financial operations of the Intermediate Unit. This position works with senior management, financial institutions, school district personnel, Pennsylvania Department of Education personnel and outside auditors. This position oversees financial functions including accounting, budget, purchasing, billing, collections, accounts payable, credit and internal controls. This position is responsible for maintaining financial records that are in accordance with the Intermediate Unit’s Board Policies, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and with Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting Principles, as well as in compliance with any, and all, federal, state, and local rules and regulations relative to funding received. This position partners with other Intermediate Unit divisions to achieve the organization’s financial goals and to better integrate finance within the organization. This position also directs the general purchasing activities of the Bucks IU including, but not limited to, cooperative purchasing, bid and quotation preparation and product specifications, ensuring that the Bucks IU Purchasing and the Bucks County Cooperative Purchasing Program are operated efficiently and in compliance with all applicable state and federal purchasing rules and regulations.
Direct, supervise and coordinate all general accounting and maintain an efficient and effective Finance Department.
- Determine qualifications and competence of department staff.
- Evaluate performance, making recommendations for performance improvements, promotions or disciplinary actions.
- Conduct meetings with staff to review financial issues, department performance, Intermediate Unit matters.
- Work with the Business Administrator/CFO to determine departmental goals and objectives.
Manage the budget process.
- Assist the Business Administrator/CFO with the management of the budget (over $179,000,000).
- Prepare and manage the schedule for the Intermediate Unit’s budgets.
- Provide essential information and data to Program Directors and/or Supervisors for preparation of their budgets. Assist Program Directors and/or Supervisors in budget preparation and review budgets with upper management.
- Prepare the overall Intermediate Unit budget through the compilation of Program budgets. Oversee the preparation of the budget package for upper management and Board of Directors. Assist in the presentation of budgets and financial performance to the Board of Directors.
- Analyze monthly operating performance versus the budget in preparation for financial statements. Review and oversee the distribution of month-end financial statements. Assist Program Directors and/or Supervisors with the review of their operating performance upon request.
Manage all financial accounting functions including general ledger, fixed assets, account reconciliations and monthly reporting.
- Implement financial policies and procedures in coordination with the Business Administrator/CFO
- Supervise and coordinate departmental functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, accounting, financial reporting and budgeting.
- Coordinate departmental functions with other Intermediate Unit departments.
- Maintain financial systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and with the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
- Prepare and interpret timely financial reports and analysis to be used by the appropriate Program Directors and/or Supervisors to assist management in decision-making.
- Provide training for Program Directors, Supervisors and Support Staff to help them better understand their financial reports.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources (HR) on all HR matters affecting financial operations – including, but not limited to, benefits issues.
This position description does not impress or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this position. This employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for long periods, and to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Assistant Business Administrator - Bucks County IU #22
||Bucks County Intermediate Unit #22
|Posting Start Date:
||Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, 260-day calendar position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Hours of work are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours are dependent on the needs of the districts. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires travel to/and from Bucks County school districts and/or CTC’s, regional meetings, as well as occasional overnight travel for professional development, state meetings, or conferences.
Education and Experience:
- Level of Degree: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting (MBA or CPA preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in appropriate field, including 1-3 at a leadership level.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Oversight of staff
- Responsibility for budget of programs or initiatives
- Interfaces with customers and stakeholders
- Experience with various Financial Reporting, Purchasing, Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
The Bucks County Intermediate Unit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the practice of the Bucks IU to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The practice of providing reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed at any point during the recruiting, hiring, or at any time during employment with the Bucks IU, please contact the Director of Human Resources at Careers@bucksiu.org
||This listing expires on: 7/29/2021