High School Principal
Interested candidates should apply through: https://kcsd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Kennett Consolidated School District is seeking an innovative educator who will nurture, prepare, and empower ALL students and staff to succeed in their journey in and out of the classroom.
Kennett's uniquely diverse student population makes applicants considered to be fluent or bilingual highly sought. Applicants with at least three (3) Spanish courses at the college/university level or who have a command of conversational Spanish are encouraged to apply.
High School Principal
||Kennett Consolidated School District
||Kennett Square, PA
||In accordance with Act 93 Agreement
|Posting Start Date:
MAJOR POLICY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- PA Principal Certification (K-12 or 7-12) required.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching and 3 years as a building administrator required.
- CTE administrative experience preferred.
- Experience with Restorative Practices.
- Experience with pathways at the high school level thru applied learning or Project-Based Learning.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective team-building skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
The High School Principal is responsible for providing effective instructional leadership and is accountable for the school’s operation. Major responsibilities include the educational program, professional and classified staff oversight and evaluations, student development, facility maintenance and management, fiscal management activities, developing effective community relations, and creating a culture of empowerment where all learners are supported to succeed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads in the development, implementation, and communication of educational goals.
- Provides strong and positive educational leadership in organizing, developing and administering the instructional program of the high school.
- Utilizes multiple data sets to identify areas of strength and weakness. Communicates this information to staff for curriculum goal setting.
- Works to create a sustainable structure for meaningful PLCs.
- Supports teachers' work in the area of MTSS and intervention.
- Supports the continued growth of the pathway programs and regularly highlights the importance of these opportunities for students.
- Provides leadership in developing the necessary climate for change and growth within the school.
- Embraces growth mindset for students and staff.
- Supervises teaching staff and programs in accordance with building and district philosophy.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources in selection, assignment, orientation, and evaluation of all building personnel.
- Creates standards of operation most conducive to a positive learning environment which fosters inclusivity and resiliency.
- Creates and supports an environment of growth for staff and students by ensuring accountability, rigor, and respect.
- Demonstrates knowledge of finance and budget within the specific area(s) of authority and discharges the responsibility for making expenditures in accordance with the operational philosophy of the Board.
Application Submission Process:
- Reviews lesson plans and confers with teachers to link teaching/learning activities to the educational goals.
- Clearly communicates expectations to staff and holds them accountable to those expectations and offers support when and where necessary.
- Develops and demonstrates effective communication through regular staff meetings, weekly building communications, newsletters, and personal contacts.
- Develops and follows a plan of self-improvement which promotes both personal and organizational goals.
- Ensures that transitional programs are in place for incoming students.
Applicants must submit -
- Cover Letter
- Undergraduate/ Graduate Transcripts
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
All materials must be submitted through the District's TalentEd Portal (https://kcsd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx )
Note: Applicants must have current ACT 34, ACT 151, and FBI clearances prior to start date.
The Kennett Consolidated School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, sex, disability, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other characteristics unrelated to professional performance. Under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
** District has the right to screen, interview, and hire candidates prior to the closing date of the posting.
||This listing expires on: 5/18/2023