National Superintendent Certification Program®
Registration Deadline Extended to October 11!
Excellence in leadership within our nation’s public schools has never been more vital to our children’s success than it is today. To provide a dynamic and interactive professional development program that will positively impact student achievement, PASA is partnering with AASA, The School Superintendents Association®, to facilitate a Pennsylvania Cohort of AASA’s premier National Superintendent Certification Program®.
This program, designed BY superintendents FOR superintendents, is now open to PASA members who are aiming to provide world-class leadership within their districts. Enrollment is available for those who are first year superintendents and enrolled in PASA's New Superintendents Academies and also for superintendents with one or more years of experience.
Take advantage of this excellent opportunity!
*Earn 105 PIL hours, designed around the national Professional Standards for Education Leaders (PSEL) and aligned with the Pennsylvania Inspired Leadership (PIL) Standards.
*Address complex issues occurring now within your districts.
*Participate with a statewide collegial network of superintendents, seasoned mentors, and expert state and national facilitators.
*Complete an individualized practitioner-oriented culminating capstone project that will positively impact student achievement within your district.
*Earn National Certification through AASA.
*Investigate key issues in the superintendency, including: Transformational Leadership - Vision, Mission, Communications; Equity & Personalized Learning; Leading Teaching & Learning; Creating an Accountable, Learning-Focused District; Leading & Managing People; Managing Resources; Building Relationships; the Board of Education & the Superintendent; Leading and Managing Change for the Long-Term; Budgeting & Fiscal Management... and more!
Click here for a flier describing this high-value certification program.
Click here to watch a video about the AASA certification program.
Click here to read testimonials about this program.
Schedule for the 2021 PA Cohort:
Session 1: November 6-7, 2019
* Ethics and Professional Norms for Superintendents Serving the Students of Today and Tomorrow
* Promoting Equity and Cultural Responsiveness: Building a Shared Vision of Student Academic Success and Well-Being
Session 2: March 19-20, 2020
* A Vision for Educational Leadership in the 21st Century
* Superintendent and Board Relations, Policies and Procedures
* The Superintendent and the District's Communication Plan
Session 3: June 24, 25 & 26, 2020
* Organizational Culture Building: Promoting a Shared Vision for Quality Teaching and Learning
* Engaging Families, Bussiness, Government Agencies and the Community
* The Superintendent as Instructional Leader: Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction in a 21st Century Educational Environment
* Operations and Management
Session 4: October 12-13, 2020
* The Role of Superintendent in Promoting the School Improvement Process
* Addressing Social/Emotional and Academic Learning: Building a Community of Care and Support for ALL Students
Session 5: March 4-5, 2021
* Building Professional Capacity and Community in the Learning Organization
* Legislative Advocacy and Culminating Capstone Projects
* Culminating Capstone Projects and Reflections
All sessions will be held in the PASA office in Harrisburg from 8:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m., with a 45- minute lunch (provided).
Cost for the program:
$4000 (covers tuition for the entire program, meals, a mentor, National Certification and 105 PIL hours). Participation is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis!
Click here for online registration.
Click here for a writable registration form. (Remember: Download, complete and SAVE.
Registration Deadline Extended to October 11!
Final payment for this program is due no later than October 18. Payments received after that time will be assessed a $25 late payment fee.
Cancellations: Cancellation requests must be received in writing no less than three (3) weeks prior to the first session. Refunds are not granted for failure to attend, late arrival, unattended events or early departure. PASA is not responsible for weather-related lodging or travel cancellation fees or other program-related costs incurred by attendee. A $100 processing fee applies to all cancellations.
Overnight accommodations on Nov. 6 are available for $114 plus tax per night at the Marriott Springhill Suites, 15 Capital Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110. Participants are responsible for making their own reservations. Call (717) 540-5100 and indicate you are part of the “PASA/AASA Program.” Reservation deadline is October 6. (Hotel has a 48-hour cancellation policy.) Additional rooms will be secured for the four remaining sessions. Information will be provided at the November, March, June and October sessions.
Questions should be directed to: Connie Kindler, Consultant for Professional Development, email@example.com or (717) 215-4075.