School Leader Advocacy
Advocacy for public schools is essential. School leaders have an important role to play in that effort. NUMBERS MATTER!
Below please find key links to information YOU need to become an even stronger advocate for your district, your community and, most importantly, your students!
* PA Legislators by County
* PA Legislators by Chamber (alphabetical)
* Pennsylvania's Congressional Delegation
Advocacy Webinar (Feb. 11, 2019)
* Advocacy Training PowerPoint
* Advocacy Training Toolkit
* Advocacy Webinar - Recording
Federal Policy Update:
AASA provided an update on Federal Policy at its Legislative Advocacy Conference in July. The update includes valuable information on IDEA Full Funding, Ed Tech, the Safer Communities Act, School Nutrition, Teacher Shortages and more.
View the PDF
2022 IDEA Template
Show Them What It Takes Initiative (PAIU, PASA, PSBA and PA Principals)
- encourages public schools to invite their state legislators to see first-hand the challenges, rewards and benefits of a public-school education. The goal is to get one state representative and one state senator into at least one public school in every school district in the commonwealth.
*Guide for Organizing School Legislative Visits
*Show Them What it Takes overview video
Tips on Working with State and Local Representatives
Issues and Advocacy (from the Texas Association of School Boards)
Advocacy Tips (from the California School Boards Association)
PA Schools Work (advocacy resources)
PASA Advocacy Priorities
“8 Ways Schools Can Form a Better Relationship with the Media” (from edsurge.com, 2/21/19)