The Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators (PASA) is the premier professional organization that cultivates and sustains Pennsylvania school system leaders.
HighlightsThis Week's Update (2-24-20) - Proposed federal budget would cut USDE funding by nearly 8 percent; Pennsylvania superintendents participate in public meeting on property tax reform
Gov. Wolf's proposed 2020-21 State Budget: CLICK HERE for information on the plan.
2020 PASA Election: PASA is seeking nominations for the 2021-21 PASA President-Elect and Treasurer, as well as for two representatives to the AASA Governing Board. CLICK HERE for information.
Call for Nominations: The PASA Women's Caucus is accepting nominations for the Wanda McDaniel Award (for aspiring leaders) and the Margaret Smith Award (for women with outstanding leadership in administration). Nominations are due Feb. 21. CLICK HERE for information.
Reports & Information...
* NEW! January 2020 PASBO/PASA School District Budget Report. CLICK HERE to read the report.
* School Safety Resources: CLICK HERE.
* White Paper: Cost Analysis of Cyber Charter Schools & Public School District Cyber Learning Programs. CLICK HERE to read the report.
- Superintendent Licensure Exam Prep Session - Feb. 29 in Harrisburg (provided by Shippensburg University in association with PASA)
- 2020 Winter Webinar Series: Responsive Schools, Resilient Students. Next webinar: March 17 (A Community Commitment to School Safety)
- PASA Leadership Forum: Responsive Schools, Resilient Students - March 29-31 (State College); for ALL district & building administrators who want to create safe schools and build strong cultures that promote the well-being of staff and students, increase student engagement, & enhance academic performance. Registration is near capacity!
- NEW! School Safety & Security Coordinator Workshop (offered by PASA and PASBO) - April 2 (PASA Office). Focus: job responsibilities: checklists, trainings, school tours and safety assessments
- In western PA... School Construction Workshop - April 28 (Allegheny I.U. 3). Learn what you need to know about construction planning, management and finance!
- PASA Women's Caucus Conference, focused on "Trauma-Informed Schools: A Holistic Approach" - May 17-19 (Hershey).
- NEW! New Superintendents' Academy Part 1: Strategic & Cultural Leadership - July 27-28 (PASA Office). Registration is open!
- PA Educational Leadership Summit - August 2-4 (Lancaster) - sponsored by PASA and the PA Principals Assn.