The Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators (PASA) is the premier professional organization that cultivates and sustains Pennsylvania school system leaders.
HighlightsThis Week's Update (1-21-20) - Push is on to prepare for the 2020 census; House Education Committee to hold hearing on cyber education today
NEW! 2020 PASA Election: PASA is seeking nominations for the 2021-21 PASA President-Elect and Treasurer, as well as for two representatives to the AASA Governing Board. CLICK HERE for information.
NEW! Call for Nominations: The PASA Women's Caucus is accepting nominations for two awards: The Wanda McDaniel Award for aspiring leaders and the Margaret Smith Award for women with outstanding leadership in administration. Nominations are due Feb. 21. CLICK HERE for information.
Reports & Information...
* 2019-20 State Budget. CLICK HERE for links and information.
* June 2019 PASBO/PASA School District Budget Report. CLICK HERE to read the report.
* School Safety Resources: CLICK HERE.
* White Paper: Cost Analysis of Cyber Charter Schools & Public School District Cyber Learning Programs. CLICK HERE to read the report.
- 2020 Winter Webinar Series: Responsive Schools, Resilient Students - begins January 29
- Aspiring to Leadership Workshop - Jan. 31 (PASA Office); for those considering moving forward in their leadership journey, whether into central office or the superintendency
- Commonwealth Budget Seminars - two site-based (Feb. 6 in Pittsburgh and Feb. 7 at IU 6) and a Feb. 12 webcast: an overview of the Governor's proposed budget for 2020-21 and deciphering the numbers for education
- PASA Leadership Forum: Responsive Schools, Resilient Students - March 29-31 (State College); for ALL district & building administrators who want to create safe schools and build strong cultures that promote the well-being of staff and students, increase student engagement, & enhance academic performance
- In western PA... School Construction Workshop - April 28 (Allegheny I.U. 3). Learn what you need to know about construction planning, management and finance!
- NEW! PASA Women's Caucus Conference, focused on "Trauma-Informed Schools: A Holistic Approach" - May 17-19 (Hershey). Registration is open!
- PA Educational Leadership Summit - August 2-4 (Lancaster): Registration is open! Also, seeking proposals for leading educational sessions. Deadline extended to Jan. 24! See the web page for information.