The Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators (PASA) is the premier professional organization that cultivates and sustains Pennsylvania school system leaders.
HighlightsThis Week's Update (9-26-22) - Changes to SNAP Income Thresholds Will Expand Eligibility for Benefits, Wolf Admin Says; 10 Pa. Schools Named National Blue Ribbon Schools; Pa. Waived Its Basic Requirement for Educators. Will it Attract More Teachers? and more in this edition of the Education Update.
Dr. Michele M. Balliet hired to fill Director of Professional Development role
The Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators is excited to announce the hire of Dr. Michele M. Balliet to fill the role of Director of Professional Development. She will succeed Dr. Sherri Smith who will transition to the role of Executive Director on Oct. 1.
Dr. Balliet is a proven leader with nearly 20 years of experience in school administration. She currently serves as the superintendent of Elizabethtown Area School District—a role she held since 2011 when she became the district’s seventh superintendent. She was promoted from the Assistant Superintendent position in the district. Read more.
Join the Women's Caucus for its Annual Fall Dinner on November 16 in King of Prussia. Click the photo for more details.
PASA Names New Executive Director: The Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators Board of Governors selected Dr. Sherri Smith as its next executive director. She will succeed Dr. Mark DiRocco on October 1. Read more:
State Budget signed: Gov. Tom Wolf signed a $45.2 billion state budget July 8. Click here to learn more about how it will affect public school education funding.
NEW! Membership Renewal: Membership renewals are now being received for the 2022-23 PASA membership year (Oct. 1 - Sept. 30, 2023). Renew online or with a membership form. Click here for information.
Winter 2022 School District Budget Report (Jan. 31). The newly released budget report (from PASA, PASBO and PARSS) finds growing concerns about school labor shortages, sustainability of programs and services using ESSER funds, and ongoing budgetary stress from federal and state mandates, including charter school costs, special education and pension contributions.
White Paper: Funding for Cyber Charter Schools - Issues & Solutions (9/22/21)
Sponsor Resources: Click here for a list of free resources for schools provided by several PASA sponsors.
- Managing the Risks (A Seven-part Series)- August through January (virtual) Register today!
- New Superintendents Academy - beginning September 21-22. Registration now open for the series!
- PA Summit for Assistant Superintendents & Supervisors - October 14. Register today!
- PASA/PSBA School Leadership Conference - October 31 - November 2 (Kalahari Poconos). Registration is open!
- PASA Webinar Recordings & Resources - Click here to view recordings and PowerPoints from recent PASA webinars.
- COVID-Related Resources from our Sponsors - Click here to learn about resources available from our PASA Sponsors concerning COVID-19/school issues.